We are currently working through Phase 3 teachers.
- Teachers who have been on the iTech training course must get priority for Vertable usage in school. We have identified a worrying trend where Vertables are being allocated to teachers who refused to go on the course, weren’t initially selected or attended only 1 session.
- Schools have been given more autonomy, and the decision not to address security on school premises is down to school leaders. Vertables come supplied with a Kensington lock so the projectors cannot be removed from the table. It is not a good use of resources to have these fantastic devices locked up in a store cupboard not being used. While the MoE will do everything they can to help with infrastructure – ultimately it is teachers who can drive change from classroom level.
- We have seen some excellent use of the technology in the classroom, and they only way to spread the positivity is for teachers and school leaders to be on board with what we are doing.
- Trainers are doing site visits to promote usage and provide instant feedback to teachers. Please take this opportunity to meet them when they visit and get a feel for the 21st century learning techniques we are building toward.
- Please encourage those who have been selected for the course to attend every session, and for them to share what they have learnt when they come back to school. The teachers have been given course materials which can be shared just as easily as the knowledge they have taken away from the course.
Phase 2 Module 1 & 2 are now complete, and Module 3 kicks off today. Thank you to all those teachers who have taken part so far.
Mark Maybury from RM Education, UK, visited Brunei two weeks ago, to do some quality assurance in Brunei Schools.
A big thanks to the following schools who were extremely hospitable and put on some fantastic lessons using Easiteach and the Vertables:
- SM Sayyidina Ali
- SR OKBI Subok
- SR PKN Bukit Beruang
We are pleased to announce that a country-wide license has been purchased for Brunei for use of the Easiteach software. Please approach your trainers for information about how to get a copy.
Now Phase 1 Has come to a close, we are launching Phase 2 on the 16th Feb 2015.
We have now expanded our training venues, and have selected SR Muhammad Alam as our training venue for KB teachers.
Training breakdown can be seen if you click on the training tab at the top of this page.
Today is the last day of training for Phase 1.
It as been an exciting process, and the quality of work that has been produced by teachers at the course, has exceeded our expectations. We hope to see more of the same for Phase 2.
After an exciting few weeks, we have now completed Module 1 training for every group.
It has been a pleasure to see how enthusiastic teachers have been with Easiteach, and we hope that continues onto Module 2 next week.
We are pleased to announce that we have successfully started Phase 1 training, with 70 teachers joining us for the Module 1
We look forward to seeing you join us in the coming weeks.
We are working closely with a local vendor to get Easiteach and laptops for your Vertable installed this month. A memo from the MoE will be sent accordingly.
Thanks for your patience and we look forward to seeing what you can do with Easiteach.